Come join us on Sunday July 20th for the 5thh annual Delta Lake Intermediate and Sprint
Distance Triathlon at Lake Delta State Park. The event will begin on the shores of the beach,
with a transition adjacent to the bath house. Athletes can choose from the sprint distance of
800m or 1500m two loop swim for the intermediate race. The 12 and 24 mile bike will be a one
or two loop out and back style course on NY Route 46 featuring a ﬂat, smooth road with a bountiful
riding lane. The 2.9 and 5.8 mile run course will be held entirely within the State Park itself.
Be one of the ﬁrst 500 athletes to sign up and receive a made in the USA, recycled shirt from
Atayne! Whether you are a ﬁrst time athlete, age group competitor, or just tuning up for a
longer late season event, don’t miss the next edition of Central New York’s premier triathlon
New this year to the toughest of athletes…the Delta Double. The premise is simple. If you ﬁnish
the sprint race in 1:25 minutes or earlier, you can jump into the intermediate distance race as
well! These brave athletes will receive special “Delta Double” merchandise and swag as well as
the honor of being some of the toughest triathletes in Central New York!
When: July 20, 2014
Where: Lake Delta State Park, Rome NY
Race Time: Sprint waves begin at 7:30, Intermediate to begin at 9:00
Course maps found here: Delta Map
2011 Delta Lake results
2010 Delta Lake results
Pricing for 2014:
Black Friday Early Registration Special (one day only): $65, Relay teams $100
11/30-12/31: $75, Relay Teams $115, Delta Double athletes $95
1/1-6/30: $80, Relay Teams $125, Delta Double athletes $100
6/30-7/19: $85, Relay Teams $130, Delta Double athletes $100
Online registration will close on 7/19. Athletes may register at packet pick up locations only in
the event of the race having spots available. Packet pick up will take place on Friday July 18 at
Fleet Feet Syracuse on Erie Boulevard from 4-7 PM, or at Woods Valley on Saturday 7/19 from noon-4 pm.
Day of race registration will be available until 7:15 on race morning. Arrive early to avoid any lines.
ATC Endurance will no longer be offering deferalls from one year, or one event, to the next. If
you cannot make a race, you may transfer your entry to another race in the ATC Endurance series
within the calendar year provided you have emailed the Race Director two weeks prior to race
A sample race day itinerary from years past is included below. Speciﬁc times are subject to
change at the discretion of the ATC Endurance Staff. To ensure a smooth race morning for
all our athletes, we highly recommend coming to Fleet Feet Syracuse or Woods Valley packet pick up events.
- 5:45 am: Packet pick up, and transition open at the park. The good folks at Bike Loft East will
also be on hand providing their Neutral Race Support Service.
- 7:10 am: Pre-race meeting for athletes
- 7:15 am: Swim warm up area opens, sprint transition closes
- 7:30 am: Sprint race begins
- 8:30 am: Post race food and beverage at the park pavilion begins for athletes
- 830 am: Intermediate pre race meeting, intermediate transition to close by 8:45
- 9:00 am: Intermediate race begins
- 10:15 am: Approximate time for awards, intermediate at approx 11:15
- 10:45 am: Transition area begins to be re-racked and taken apart. Any bikes left past noon will
be moved by ATC staff in order to return the park to its normal appearance
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm. The annual tradition of the Delta Lake post race party continues this year at Woods Valley Ski Area. If your head was down while you were biking, you biked right by it on your second mile of the bike loop! Join us for live music from Annie in the Water, FREEE OMMEGANG Beer and a family style BBQ available for purchase. Look for giveaways from the folks at ATC Endurance as well!
The Delta Lake Triathlon will continue to operate as a USAT Sanctioned event. See the training
tab for USAT Sanctioning rules and regulations.