Come join us on Saturday July 15th for the 8th annual Delta Lake Sprint, Intermediate,
and Delta Double Triathlon at Lake Delta State Park.
The event will begin on the shores of the beach, with a transition adjacent to the bath house. Athletes
can choose from the sprint distance of 800m or 1500m two loop swim for the intermediate race. The 12
or two loop out and back style course on NY Route 46 featuring a ﬂat, smooth road with a bountiful
riding lane. The 2.9 and 5.8 mile run course will be held entirely within the State Park itself.
Sign up by July 1 to guarantee your official race shirt!
Whether you are a ﬁrst time athlete, age group competitor, or just tuning up for a
longer late season event, don’t miss the next edition of Central New York’s premier triathlon
For the fourth year, a new challenge to the toughest of athletes…the Delta Double.
The premise is simple. If you ﬁnish the sprint race in 1:25 minutes or earlier, you can jump into
the intermediate distance race as well! So try the Delta Double, because not every challenge
in this sport is from that “other” company!
When: Saturday July 15, 2017
Where: Lake Delta State Park, Rome NY
Race Time: Sprint waves begin at 7:30, Intermediate to begin at 9:00, Delta Double Athletes race at both race starts
Sprint Course: 750m swim, 12 mile bike, 2.9 mile run (1 swim loop, 1 bike loop, 1.5 run loops
Intermediate Course: 1500m (2 loops) swim, 24 mile (2 loop) bike, 5.8 mile (3 loop) run
All athletes will receive:
- New for 2017, all athletes will receive Finisher’s Medals!
- Official Race T-Shirt
- Quality Age Group and overall awards
- Food and beverage immediately following the race
- FREE Ommegang, and a BBQ style food available for purchase at the post race party
- FREE photo downloads courtesy of Hendrick Photography and Community Bank
Pricing for 2017:
Registration links will go live during our Black Friday registration special on 11/25. Check back November 1 for more details!
Online registration will close on 7/12. Athletes may register at packet pick up locations only in
the event of the race having spots available.
Packet pick up will take place on Thursday July 14 at Fleet Feet Syracuse on Bridge Street from 4-7 PM, or at Woods Valley on Friday, 7/15 from 4-7 pm.
Day of race registration and packet pick up will be available until 7:15 on race morning. Arrive early to avoid any lines.
ATC Endurance will no longer be offering deferalls from one year, or one event, to the next. If
you cannot make a race, you may transfer your entry to another race in the ATC Endurance series
within the calendar year provided you have emailed the Race Director two weeks prior to race
A sample race day itinerary from years past is included below. Speciﬁc times are subject to
change at the discretion of the ATC Endurance Staff. To ensure a smooth race morning for
all our athletes, we highly recommend coming to Fleet Feet Syracuse or Woods Valley packet pick up events.
- 5:45 am: Packet pick up, and transition open at the park. The good folks at Bike Loft East will
also be on hand providing their Neutral Race Support Service.
- 7:10 am: Pre-race meeting for athletes
- 7:15 am: Swim warm up area opens, sprint transition closes
- 7:30 am: Sprint race begins
- 8:30 am: Post race food and beverage at the park pavilion begins for athletes
- 830 am: Intermediate pre race meeting, intermediate transition to close by 8:45
- 9:00 am: Intermediate race begins
- 10:15 am: Approximate time for awards, intermediate at approx 11:45
- 10:45 am: Sprint transition area begins to be re-racked and taken apart. Any bikes left past noon will
be moved by ATC staff in order to return the park to its normal appearance. Intermediate race will be broken down by 1:00
- 10:00 pm – 1:00 pm: The Delta Lake Post Race Party continues. Ommegang has provided us with a keg of Rare Vos and Witte. In addition, a BBQ will be available for purchase for athletes and spectators. Athletes will also have FREE Bagel Grove bagels, Christina’s Cookies, Byrne Dairy chocolate milk, and assorted fruit.
The Delta Lake Triathlon will continue to operate as a USAT Sanctioned event.