Once again, ATC Endurance is offering the Cooperstown Sprint Triathlon on May 25th 2014. Individuals and teams are encouraged to enter soon, as the race was close to a sell out last year, and we anticipate possibly selling out all of the spots this year for the largest field at the Cooperstown Triathlon yet!
The race begins with an 800m swim in beautiful Otsego Lake. It is followed by an 12.2mi bike ride through the rolling hills and beautiful countryside of the surrounding community. The race finishes with a 3.0 mi run which takes place on village roads.
With the picturesque village, Baseball Hall of Fame, local attractions, beautiful course, Atayne Tech T-shirts–and oh yeah, Brewery Ommegang as a beverage sponsor–you may even forget you came for a triathlon!
Traveling to the race? Be sure to check out the weekend packages the Otesaga has to offer. The hotel is a AAA rated 4 diamond property with luxurious amenities and features.
When: May 25, 2014
Where: Lakefront Park in historic Cooperstown, NY
Race Time: Last wave leaves at 8 am
Course Maps can be found here: Bike Course – Run Course
Pricing for 2014:
Black Friday Early Registration Special (one day only): $65, Relay teams $100
11/30-12/31: $70, Relay Teams $110
1/1-4/30: $75, Relay Teams $120
5/1-5/22: $80, Relay Teams $125
Online registration will close on 5/22. Athletes may register at packet pick up locations only in the event of the race having spots available. There will be no day of race registration for the 2014 series.
ATC Endurance will no longer be offering deferals from one year, or one event, to the next. If you cannot make a race, you may transfer your entry to another race in the ATC Endurance series within the calendar year provided you have emailed the Race Director two weeks prior to race day.
A sample race day itinerary from years past is included below. Specific times are subject to change at the discretion of the ATC Endurance Staff
- 6 am: Packet pick up, and transition open at Lakefront Park. The good folks at Bike Loft east will also be on hand providing their Neutral Race Support Service.
- 7:20 am: Pre-race meeting for athletes
- 7:30 am: Swim warm up area opens
- 7:40 am: Transition area and swim warm up closes
- 7:45 am: Waves begin to form. Athletes will be assigned into waves depending on final count of athletes.
- 7:50 am: Race begins
- 9:00 am: Post race food and beverage at Lakefront Park begins for athletes
- 10:15 am: Approximate time for awards
- 10:45 am: Transition area begins to be re-racked and taken apart. Any bikes left past 11:00 am will be moved by ATC staff in order to return Lakefront Park to its normal appearance
- 12:00 pm-2:00 pm. The annual tradition of the Cooperstown Triathlon post race party continues this year. Location to be determined, but you can be sure fine food and drink will be centerpiece to the final event of race weekend. Dress code: your official race t-shirt!
The Cooperstown Triathlon will continue to operate as a USAT Sanctioned event.