New for this year! The fifth annual Cooperstown Triathlon moves to a new venue at Glimmerglass State Park, just outside the village of Cooperstown. The scenery of the park will not disappoint athletes, and neither will the beautiful rolling landscape of the surrounding area. We are also moving the date back one week to give the lake some more time to warm up. Just one week sees Otsego Lake warm up an average of five degrees this time of year. We think you will love the changes.
The race begins with an 800m swim in beautiful Otsego Lake. It is followed by an 18 mile bike ride through the rolling hills and beautiful countryside of the surrounding community. The race finishes with a 3.0 mi run which takes place almost entirely within the borders of the park.
With the picturesque village, Baseball Hall of Fame, local attractions, beautiful course, Atayne Tech T-shirts–and oh yeah, free race photo downloads, Brewery Ommegang as a beverage sponsor–you may even forget you came for a triathlon!
When: May 31, 2015
Where: Glimmerglass State Park
Race Time: 8 am
Course Maps are coming shortly!
All athletes will receive:
- Complimentary entry to Enchanted Forest Water Safari
- Made in the USA Atayne Technical T-shirt to those athletes registered by 5/1
- Quality Age Group and overall awards
- Food and beverage immediately following the race
- FREE Ommegang beer at the post race party!
- FREE photo downloads courtesy of Hendrick Photography and Oneida Wealth
Pricing for 2015:
Black Friday Early Registration Special (one day only): $65, Relay teams $100
11/29-12/31: $70, Relay Teams $110
1/1-4/30: $75, Relay Teams $120
5/1-5/30: $80, Relay Teams $125
Online registration will close on 5/30. Athletes may register at packet pick up locations only in the event of the race having spots available.
ATC Endurance will no longer be offering deferals from one year, or one event, to the next. If you cannot make a race, you may transfer your entry to another race in the ATC Endurance series within the calendar year provided you have emailed the Race Director two weeks prior to race day.
A sample race day itinerary from years past is included below. Specific times are subject to change at the discretion of the ATC Endurance Staff
- 6 am: Packet pick up, and transition open at Glimmerglass State Park. The good folks at Bike Loft east will also be on hand providing their Neutral Race Support Service.
- 7:20 am: Pre-race meeting for athletes
- 7:30 am: Swim warm up area opens
- 7:40 am: Transition area and swim warm up closes
- 7:45 am: Waves begin to form. Athletes will be assigned into waves depending on final count of athletes.
- 8:00 am: Race begins
- 9:00 am: Post race food and beverage begins for athletes
- 10:15 am: Approximate time for awards
- 10:45 am: Transition area begins to be re-racked and taken apart. Any bikes left past 11:00 am will be moved by ATC staff in order to return Glimmerglass Park to its normal appearance
- 12:00 pm-2:00 pm. The annual tradition of the Cooperstown Triathlon post race party continues this year. Location to be determined, but you can be sure fine food and drink will be centerpiece to the final event of race weekend. Dress code: your official race t-shirt!
The Cooperstown Triathlon will continue to operate as a USAT Sanctioned event.