The Old Forge Triathlon Presented by Enchanted Forest Water Safari
Come and join us for the sixth Annual Old Forge Triathlon presented by Enchanted Forest Water
Safari! This intermediate distance triathlon features a 1000m swim, 22-mile bike, and a 4-mile
run. Perhaps the best value in all of racing returns for 2017 as all athletes will continue to receive a
FREE pass to Enchanted Forest Water Safari. So bring along the entire family for a weekend of
racing, sliding, hiking, and outdoor adventuring in the Adirondack Park!
All athletes will receive:
- New for 2017, all athletes will receive Finisher’s Medals!
- Complimentary entry to Enchanted Forest Water Safari
- Official Race T-Shirt
- Quality Age Group and overall awards
- Food and beverage immediately following the race
- FREE photo downloads courtesy of Hendrick Photography and Community Bank
When: August 13, 2017
Where: Lakeview Ave, Old Forge, NY
Race Time: Race begins at 7:50 am, last wave leaves at 8 am
The course for 2017 will remain unchanged from the 2016 version. All road construction projects have been completed and we have our course back! Look for a scenic bike route with rolling hills, and a flat and fast run course that utilized portions of the new Tobie Trail.
The bike course will be fairly simple. Athletes will leave transition and head north on Route 28 to the Town of Inlet. Riders will make a right turn onto South Shore Road and return to transition. That’s it, 22 miles, one turn, gorgeous roads! The run course will follow the new Tobie Trail and the surrounding quiet roads in the Town of Webb.
Pricing for 2017:
Registration links will go live for our annual Black Friday specials on 11/25. Check back November 1 for more details!
Online registration will close on 8/12. Athletes may register at packet pick up locations only in
the event of the race having spots available.
ATC Endurance will no longer be offering deferrals from one year, or one event, to the next. If
you cannot make a race, you may transfer your entry to another race in the ATC Endurance series
within the calendar year provided you have emailed the Race Director two weeks prior to race
Race Weekend Timeline (updated 8/7/2016)
Saturday, 8/13: Packet Pick up at Calypso’s Cove (Enchanted Forest parking lot) from 10 am -4 pm
Sunday August 14 Timeline:
- 6 am: Packet pick up, and transition open at Lakeview Ave. The good folks at Bike Loft East
will also be on hand providing their Neutral Race Support Service.
- 7:20 am: Pre-race meeting for athletes
- 7:30 am: Swim warm up area opens
- 7:45 am: Transition area and swim warm up closes
- 7:52 am: Men 39 and under, and team relay wave begins
- 7:56 am: Men 39 and over wave begins
- 8:00 am: All women’s wave begins
- 9:00 am: Post race food and beverage at Lakeview begins for athletes
- 10:15 am: Approximate time for awards
- 11:15 am: Transition area begins to be re-racked and taken apart. Any bikes left past 11:30 am
will be moved by ATC staff in order to return Lakeview to its normal appearance
The Old Forge Triathlon will continue to operate as a USAT Sanctioned event.